For low cost single or dual seater motion simulator applications and Serious Home Enthusiasts
The CKAS VersaFRM is a very low cost efficient 2 degree of freedom (2DOF) simulation platform targeted at simulator builders who are seeking to quickly develop a low to medium fidelity motion simulator of any kind for up to 2 people. The VersaFRM comes with a choice of two different payload motion systems and can be turned into a motion simulator very quickly with little addition of parts from the simulator builder.
The VersaFRM system provides a solution to ALL the difficult engineering for a simulator builder, allowing them the opportunity to focus on producing the cockpit fitout (such as controls and software) to produce a high quality motion simulator for any application.
The CKAS VersaFRM is based around the T Series 2DOF Motion System (click for more information), which feature some incredible response and fidelity.
The CKAS VersaFRM is very versatile in terms of compatible applications, some of which could be:
- Flight Simulator for light to medium size aircraft
- Driving Simulator for Car or Truck / Bus
- Military Vehicle Simulator
- Watercraft Simulator
- Train driver or Rail Simulator
- Crane Driving, Mining Equipment or Haul Truck Simulator
The CKAS VersaFRM comes with the following inclusions:
- CKAS T Series 2DOF Motion Platform (choice of 2 payloads click for more information)
- Rigid steel framework and assembling hardware (screws/brackets/etc) which requires some very basic assembly to hold the main structure on the motion platform
- Rigid prefabricated steel structure to hold up to three typical 32” LCD or LED monitors / TV's (VESA 200 x 200 and VESA 200 x 100 mounting holes) for total immersion.
- Rigid 25mm multi-ply floor for installing all the cockpit components such as seats, controls and other components.
The following items are NOT included in a CKAS VersaFRM:
- Computer is not included – The computer is provided by the customer since CKAS has no control over the final application. The computer must run Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 to interface with the motion system.
- Monitors / TV's are not included –The monitors are not provided since all customers are able to purchase them locally far cheaper than being shipped from CKAS in Australia (We recommend 32" with low profile bezel and 200mm x 100mm or 200mm x 200mm mounting systems at rear).
- Cockpit Hardware is not included – The cockpit hardware is purely at the discretion of the customer, since they are providing the end result simulator.
- Seats are not included – Due to the fact that all customers have a different specification for the type of simulator that is required, CKAS does not provide seats for the simulation platform.
The CKAS VersaFRM is based on the CKAS T Series 2DOF Motion Systems, and as such, supports all the same interfaces. The VersaFRM can be used "immediately out of the box" with the following software:
- Microsoft FS2004, FSX, ESP
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- rFactor and rFactor 2
- Generic UDP Data sent by any client or 3rd party application
Further to this, with some tweaking, and due to the open Serial Communication Interface, the VersaFRM can be used with:
- All X-Sim supported games including LFS, Dirt2 etc (requires the user to have knowledge of how to use X-Sim which CKAS does NOT provide)
- Any Client program which is developed to send Serial Data