CKAS OpenFRM Single
For mid cost single seater high fidelity simulator applications and some very serious home enthusiasts
The CKAS OpenFRM Single is a low to mid cost 3 or 6 degree of freedom (3DOF/6DOF) simulation platform targeted at simulator builders who are seeking to quickly develop a medium to high fidelity motion simulator of any kind for up to 1 person. The OpenFRM Single comes with a choice of two different motion systems and can be turned into a motion simulator very quickly with little addition of parts from the simulator builder.
The OpenFRM Single system provides a solution to ALL the difficult engineering for a simulator builder, allowing them the opportunity to focus on producing the cockpit fitout (such as controls and software) to produce a high quality 3DOF or 6DOF motion simulator for any application.
The CKAS OpenFRM Single is very versatile in terms of compatible applications, some of which could be:
- Flight Simulator for light to medium size aircraft including fighter jets (single seater)
- Driving Simulator for Car or Truck / Bus (single seater)
- Military Vehicle Simulator
- Watercraft Simulator
- Train driver or Rail Simulator
- Crane Driving, Mining Equipment or Haul Truck Simulator
The CKAS OpenFRM Single comes with the following inclusions:
- CKAS W5 6DOF Motion System (for highest fidelity) or CKAS U5 3DOF Motion System (for mid fidelity applications).
- Rigid steel framework and assembling hardware (screws/brackets/etc) which requires some very basic assembly to hold the main structure on the motion platform.
- Rigid prefabricated steel structure to hold up to three typical 42” LCD or LED monitors / TV's (VESA 400 x 400) for total immersion offering a substantial 40o vertical and 180o horizontal field of view.
- Rigid steel contructed and 25mm multi-ply floor for installing all the cockpit components such as seats, controls and other components.
The following items are NOT included in a CKAS OpenFRM Single:
- Computer is not included – The computer is provided by the customer since CKAS has no control over the final application. The computer must run Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 to interface with the motion system.
- Monitors / TV's are not included –The monitors are not provided since all customers are able to purchase them locally far cheaper than being shipped from CKAS in Australia (We recommend 42" with low profile bezel and 400mm x 400mm mounting systems at rear).
- Cockpit Hardware is not included – The cockpit hardware is purely at the discretion of the customer, since they are providing the end result simulator.
- Seats are not included – Due to the fact that all customers have a different specification for the type of simulator that is required, CKAS does not provide seats for the simulation platform.
The CKAS OpenFRM Single is based on the CKAS W5 6DOF Motion System or the CKAS U5 3DOF Motion System, and as such, supports all the same interfaces. The OpenFRM Single can be used "immediately out of the box" with the following software:
- Microsoft FS2004, FSX, ESP
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- rFactor and rFactor 2
- Many X-Sim supported games such as Dirt1/2/3, F1 2010/2011/2012, Grid, LFS and more
- Generic UDP Data sent by any client or 3rd party application