CKAS OpenFRM Dual
For large size dual seater high fidelity simulators with optionally mounted internal cabin structure for high realism
The CKAS OpenFRM Dual is a low to mid cost 3 or 6 degree of freedom (3DOF/6DOF) simulation platform targeted at serious simulator builders who are seeking to develop a medium to high fidelity motion simulator of any kind for up to 2 people. The OpenFRM Dual comes with a choice of two different motion systems and can be turned into a motion simulator very quickly with little addition of parts from the simulator builder.
The OpenFRM Dual system provides a solution to ALL the difficult engineering for a simulator builder, allowing them the opportunity to focus on producing the cockpit fitout (such as controls and software) to produce a high quality 3DOF or 6DOF motion simulator for any application.
The CKAS OpenFRM Dual is very versatile in terms of compatible applications, some of which could be:
- Flight Simulator for medium to heavy wide body size aircraft with internal cabin section
- Driving Simulator for Car or Truck / Bus with internal cabin section
- Military Vehicle Simulator
- Watercraft Simulator
- Train driver or Rail Simulator
- Crane Driving, Mining Equipment or Haul Truck Simulator
The CKAS OpenFRM Dual comes with the following inclusions:
- CKAS W10 6DOF Motion System (for highest fidelity) or CKAS U10 3DOF Motion System (for mid fidelity applications).
- Rigid steel framework and assembling hardware (screws/brackets/etc) which requires some very basic assembly to hold the main structure on the motion platform
- Rigid prefabricated fibreglass curved projection screen structure and 3 high resolution widescreen projectors for total immersion offering a substantial 30o vertical and 180o horizontal field of view.
- Rigid steel constructed and 25mm multi-ply floor for installing all the cockpit components such as seats, controls and other components.
The following items are NOT included in a CKAS OpenFRM Dual:
- Computer is not included – The computer is provided by the customer since CKAS has no control over the final application. The computer must run Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 to interface with the motion system.
- Cockpit Hardware is not included – The cockpit hardware is purely at the discretion of the customer, since they are providing the end result simulator.
- Seats are not included – Due to the fact that all customers have a different specification for the type of simulator that is required, CKAS does not provide seats for the simulation platform.
- Internal cabin structure is not included – Due to the fact that all customers have a different specification for the type of simulator that is required (eg light aircraft or automotive vehicle), CKAS does not provide any internal cabin structure, and this must be fabricated and installed by the customer if required at all.
The CKAS OpenFRM Dual is based on the CKAS W10 6DOF Motion System or the CKAS U10 3DOF Motion System, and as such, supports all the same interfaces. The OpenFRM Dual can be used "immediately out of the box" with the following software:
- Microsoft FS2004, FSX, ESP
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- rFactor and rFactor 2
- Many X-Sim supported games such as Dirt1/2/3, F1 2010/2011/2012, Grid, LFS and more
- Generic UDP Data sent by any client or 3rd party application